Guided by Lighthouse Historians/Authors: Jeremy D’Entremont and Bob Trapani. With photography expert: Michael Leonard, Portland Camera Club.
Join Bar Harbor Whale Watch for a remarkable 19-lighthouse Photography Tour! Visit Egg Rock, Baker, Great Duck, Bear Island, Blue Hill Bay, Bass Harbor, Burnt Coat, Isle Au Haut, Saddleback Ledge, Heron Neck, Two Bush, Whitehead, Owls Head, Rockland Breakwater, Indian Island, Curtis Island, Grindle Point, Dice Head, and Pumpkin Island Lights. Enjoy a full catered lunch with gourmet deli sandwiches, fruit, chips, cookies, clam chowder, soda, coffee and tea. Lighthouse historian and author Jeremy D’Entremont will provide narrative of all the lights and will bring copies of his books for purchase and to sign. Bob Trapani Jr., Director of the American Lighthouse Foundation, will co-lead the tour and talk about his many visits to Maine island lighthouses. Michael Leonard, a lighthouse photography expert will be onboard to help you take amazing photos. During the day there will be many opportunities to take incredible photographs of scenery, wildlife, islands, mansions, islands, and Acadia National Park.
- 19 Lighthouses with 8-10 minutes at each for historical narration and photography.
- Free Evening Lecture “Digital Photography – How to photograph Lighthouses” with Mike Leonard, Jesup Memorial Library 6:30pm to 8:00pm on Thursday, August 23rd.
- Catered Lunch: Delicious Deli Sandwiches (Turkey, Roast Beef, Ham & Cheese, Chicken, Egg and Seafood Salad), cookies, clam chowder, chips, fruit, coffee, and soda.
- State of the art 112 foot jet-powered 30-mph comfortable catamaran.
- Acadia National park, Mansions, Penobscot Bay, Eggomoggin Reach – 180 total miles.